Friday, August 14, 2015

Stitch Fix Review #2

Today I received my second box from Stitch Fix.
I call this one my Back to School Fix.  Want to know more about Stitch Fix read my first review here or if you'd like to place an order of your own you can use my referral code and help a dear teacher out (I get $25 credit for every person who signs up via my link). Did you know that they carry maternity clothes too!  Give them a shot you too might become addicted.

So with this fix, I was pretty specific about what I wanted and didn't want (jewelry).  I requested Kelly again. I asked for back to school items, mostly tops, with more color this time around.  I requested another dress and that the clothes be comfy/casual clothes. I also asked that everything be warm weather appropriate. Well?!

What's in the box? 

Item # 1- Donna Morgan- Kian Faux Wrap Dress ($98.00) 



First thoughts- It looks way to complicated to put on.  I would never buy this on my own.

Final decision- I really loved it! It's bright and cheery.  You can dress it up with jewelry and heels or keep it casual with sandals.  It felt great on and once I tucked everything where it belonged, the wrap really works nicely.  This dress is also very slimming.

  This one is a keeper.


Item # 2-Papermoon- Wynn Front Pocket Blouse ($48.00) 

 First thoughts- Those pockets are way too close to the girls.  How dumb is this going to look?

Final decision- I loved everything about this shirt! Not see-thru, the pockets don't look floppy and the colors are perfect together.

 Another keeper!


Item # 3- Papermoon- Zemba Henley Blouse ($44.00)

 

First thoughts- It definitely pops in color and patterns.

Final decision- Great fit.  I like that I can wear this now, in warmer weather and then toss on a cardigan for the Fall.  I'm thinking I'm wearing this to the Kenny Chesney concert this month!

Keeping it

 

Item # 4- 41Hawthorn- Moni Geo Print & Camisole Blouse ($58.00) 

 First thoughts- I pinned an orange one similar to this. 

Final decision- Lightweight and very versatile.   Stud detailing on the neckline and sleeves.  This is a petite and fit my body frame perfectly (sleeves were where they belonged).  A little snug near the girls, but I can easily adjust my bra style to fix that. Pairs great with khakis or jeans and very first grade friendly.

YES a keeper!

 

Item # 5- Mo Vint- Duxbury Dress ($74.00) 

 First thoughts- It looks like a MooMoo dress, or whatever those things are called.  It's a boxy look and made of a very heavy material.

Final decision- I didn't HATE it on but I definitely didn't love it.  It needs more, maybe a scarf, long necklace, belt, cardigan, something.  I thought of exchanging it for a smaller size but was afraid it would be too tight.  I still don't know how all this works.  I sent an email to customer service.  In the end I may end up keeping it ONLY because it's economically beneficial.  It is cheaper to get the 25% off then to send just this piece back.  I'm determined to figure out how to make it work.

 

I was so excited that Kelly was my stylist again!  Apparently she gets me!  If I wasn't so cheap I would've purchased everything in my last fix. Thank goodness I'm going back to work my bank account needs inflating!

Why am I in love with Stitch Fix?

Every piece is unlike anything you find at the department store.  They are each unique and tailored to my taste. I can easily mix and match tops and bottoms.  I like that I can get rid of my outdated wardrobe one item at a time.  So I'm thinking it's time to request some Fallish items including bottoms.  Time to get Pinning!


My love/hate relationship with Stitch Fix?

My biggest problem with Stitch Fix is buyers regret. Regret that I spent way too much money on something I might not get a lot of wear out of.  Regret that I sent something back that I really should've just kept. Darn those skinny jeans fit perfectly!  Alas, onto the next fix!  I am addicted.


 *Thoughts and opinions are my own. I was not asked to do or "sell" anything by Stitch Fix.  
Just providing my views.


To check out my other reviews visit the links below:

July 2015- Fix #1

August 2015- Fix #2

September 2015- Fix #3

October 2015- Fix #4

January 2016- Fix #5

2 comments:

  1. Do you have the style code for the Wynn Front Pocket Blouse? I am getting it also and wondering if it is this print.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Here you go Meridith. I hope you love it!
    9788-925 Dark pink Papermoon Wynn Front Pocket Blouse

    ReplyDelete