Monday, January 18, 2016

Stitch Fix #5 Cruise request

Took a few months off of my monthly fix, but I'm back! 
 It's Winter here in New England, but I'm dreaming of blue skies, sand between my toes and a cold drink in my hand! For this fix, I requested Kelly again (last 4 fixes and she has done a fabulous job), the goal was cruise attire.  I was looking for mix and match pieces and a dress.  I think this was the most exciting fix I've had this far!  I was so eager to see what Kelly had picked out for me.

Want to know more about Stitch Fix read my first review here or if you'd like to place an order of your own you can use my referral code and help a dear teacher out (I get $25 credit for every person who signs up and places an order via my link). 
Stitch Fix carries clothes for all ages, shapes, sizes and maternity clothes too!  The prices range.  Keep what you like and send back what you don't.  So convenient and so very easy.  


What's in the box?

Item # 1- Market & Spruce Ralphie Romper $64

I wasn't too sure about this because it reminded me of something toddlers wear.  I gave it a try and once it was on I was sold!  Super cute and comfy.  Flowy perfection for a cruise or a nice summer day.  Kelly sent me a large size and there was no way I was going to fill the top of this.  It's a one piece outfit.  However, the top is a wrap style and everything just hung out, even after pulling the strings at the shoulders it was still way too loose.  I emailed customer service for a smaller size, but of course no luck.

In the end I kept it because I loved everything else.  I'm thinking of taking it to a seamstress just to see if it's tuckable, otherwise safety pins it is!

Item # 2- Loveappella Kimichi Colorblock Lace Knit Top $48

 I love this color! The top is light and airy.  The lace detail is only on the front, the back is solid.  I like that it is casual enough for day wear with a pair of shorts; great for island hopping. Pair it with a long skirt and a cardigan for the dinning room.  Keeper!
 

Item # 3- Dear John Finnegan Roll Cuff Chino Short $58

 Ah the coveted Dear John shorts that are all over Pinterest!  My first thought was whoa baby, those are super short!  With some hesitation I slipped them on.  Just a smidge tighter than I'd like but not uncomfortable.  Short they are!  My 4 year old told me I needed to cover my legs.  Not sure if it was the length or the fact that it's winter here in NE and they are super white,lol.  I paired it with both tops from this fix as well as a few from previous fixes and in the end I decided, I'm under 40 on a cruise so why not!  Keeping it.

 

Item # 4- Skies are Blue Ettora Textured Knit Top $48

 

 This is your classic heather gray tank with a touch of black lace. $48 not so much but as a total fix well worth keeping.  It's too long for the Dear John shorts above but is easily paired with a long skirt, leggings or biker shorts.  Very interchangeable for any time of day.  
 

Item # 5- Pixley Millie Textured Dress $68

 

I've had my eye on this dress since the Fall.  It's navy not black as the picture might reflect.  I pinned a bunch of summery dresses and cute evening wear, not what I was hoping Kelly would have sent me for a Caribbean cruise.   It's nice enough for the dinning room so it too will get packed.  

Overall a great fix!  I kept it all and will be packing it all with a few other items I've received.  A big hug to Kelly for another 5/5 fix!


 *Thoughts and opinions are my own. I was not asked to do or "sell" anything by Stitch Fix.  
Just providing my views.

To check out my other reviews visit the links below:

July 2015- Fix #1

August 2015- Fix #2

September 2015- Fix #3

October 2015- Fix #4

January 2016- Fix #5

 

No comments:

Post a Comment