Tuesday, August 19, 2014

What's in Your Teacher Bag?

This is my 13th year as an elementary school teacher. It has been about 10 years since I sported a "teacher bag." I used a personalized tote signed by my student teaching students the first few years and then alternated between really big purses to recycled totes ( the kind you use at the grocery store).  I know, I am way overdo.

Thanks to a colleague who posted a picture of a great looking canvas bag she picked up on sale, I decided this was my year! It's been a long time coming but I think I've earned a new accessory to carry all those back to school supplies I purchased.



I love my Vera! This one is a color block, canvas bag. It's big enough to carry everything I need.  It does not come with a zipper but it was on sale!  So what's in my teacher bag?




  • $3 file box from Target Dollar Spot
  • Student Info Binder- never know when you need to reach a parent after you've left the building
  • Current classroom projects I'm working on
  • Notebook- to jot down to-do list, shopping list, lesson ideas, notes, etc
  • Kind Bar- afternoon fuel
  • Zipper-pouch to hold: highlighters, markers for correcting papers, binder clips and Post-It Notes
  • Camera- to capture all the fun



What's in your teacher bag?

No comments:

Post a Comment