Saturday, August 9, 2014

Are you Done Yet?

In my last post I shared with you how I map out my summer vacation.  I'm entering week 7 and the professional development continues along with endless hours of planning and prepping. I am now in a back to school groove of early wake-ups and late nights.  Not that I get much sleep with a 5 and 2 year old but hey an hour here and there is gladly accepted.  Many wonder how I manage to get so much done, here's my secret... NO SLEEP and lots of COFFEE.

You know it's time to start moving things back into the classroom when you're having dinner at the kid's table.  Yes my dining room table is officially full of back to school stuff.  So I took both girls into school yesterday to drop off a car load of materials and supplies that have taken over the basement.  I've got at least two more trips to clear out the dining room then I've have my house back.   
No sooner did I unload, only to hear "Are you done yet?"  Really?! I just started, hoping to get at least an hour out of them before the complaining began.  I assigned them each a small task in hopes of 30 minutes to at least sort through some stuff.  My 2 year old was given the job of filling 25 crayon boxes while my 5 year old organized math manipulatives.  This bought me all of 10 minutes.  I quickly jotted down my To-Do list and out the door we went.  Oh well, looks like I won't be back until next week

No comments:

Post a Comment