Tuesday, July 21, 2015

We Meet Again

Reality of 180 days

SO as you can see, most ordinary teachers cannot maintain an active blog during the school year.  It was quite a year and for the first time in 13 years I can say I was relieved to see it come to an end.  I am amazed at the teachers out there in cyberspace that can successfully maintain a blog, post products on TPT, all while keeping house; my hat goes off to them.  As for me it too 180 days to return, lol.

Those that know me know I love to write and have to-do lists and notebooks everywhere of ideas, but I find that the only free time I really have is during the weeks of summer break.  Besides spending time with my family, I use this time to read, catch up on what's happening in the real world, on television (DVR and Netflix are amazing creations) and get my head together.  

Dream Big

This summer I've really taken the time to figure out where I'm headed.  As if I needed a compass or something.  I just feel that I've given myself so many labels; teacher, wife, mother, friend... somewhere I lost ME.  It's been 14 years since I became a teacher, 8 a wife, 6 as a mom and 36 as ME.  The problem is I'm not the ME I want to be.  

Like many I dream BIG!  I dream often but those dreams don't always pan out.  I am blessed, so very blessed but being blessed and grateful mean nothing if you don't live it each and every day.  So this summer I made some BIG decisions and there are some BIG changes ahead to get the real ME back.  Not just for myself but for my family. 

Big changes

I have always dreamed of being a reading teacher.  SO this summer I enrolled in a 2-year cohort to do just that.  I love to travel, so I booked a family cruise for February vacation.  I haven't felt healthy, so I am starting a new fitness and eating routine.  I've started looking rather frumpy, so I placed a Stitch Fix order for some new clothes!  

Stayed tuned and I'll share my big changes with you as I experience them.  

http://www.picschamp.com/wp-content/uploads/2014/07/postive-change-quote-4.jpg

No comments:

Post a Comment